From Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nico-lang/an-open-letter-to-rupaul-_b_5070136.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices
To say I’m a fan of your show is putting it lightly.
I think, at it’s best, RuPaul’s Drag Race isn’t just the best gay-themed show on TV. It’s a place where I feel at home, nestled amongst your queens and effeminate gays. On television, sissy boys are usually the butt of the joke, but on RuPaul’s Drag Race, they’re skilled comedians and performers. They can give face while being hurled through the air or make a glam jumpsuit of dental floss and tampons. They’re divas but more importantly they’re icons and role models to those of us who feel that RuPaul’s Drag Race is a space for gays like us.
I’ve long held the belief that what you enjoy can be problematic, but I can’t continue to ignore the fact that my joy comes at the expense of others.
Read the rest at The Daily Dot.
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)